Declaration of Major, Minor or Certificate

Georgetown University College of Arts & Sciences offers both a major and minor in Women’s and Gender Studies and the School of Foreign Service offers a certificate in Women’s and Gender Studies. If you want more information, such as the list of requirements, click on the Women’s and Gender Studies Program tab for a drop down list of options.

Students interested in declaring a major, minor or certificate should contact Professor Park,, as early as possible in their sophomore year to plan a program of study. You will be assigned a WGST faculty member as your advisor at this time.

To formally declare a major or minor, you must complete a form available at the College Dean’s offices, 303 ICC or 108 White Gravenor. SFS certificate students should advise their Dean that they are pursuing the certificate.